Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010

thrifting...

IMG_0840

...is truly one of my favourite things to do.

First of course because of the many many pretty things you can find, second because of the people you meet. It's interesting how different people are: Some time ago, I was at a fleamarket, looking at a pile of beautiful old fabrics and table cloths. While I was having a closer look at everything, the woman yelled at me: "Don't unfold!! I can tell you anything you want to know!". Now - what's the sense of selling stuff if you're not even allowed to touch it and have a close look at it? I didn't say anything and just moved on to the next table.

The purchase of the little etagère above was a much nicer experience though:
Me: What do you want for this?
Her: Uhm, I don't know... (feeling a little uncomfortable) Maybe three euros?
Me (feeling lucky): Alright, I'll take it.
Her (a bit disbelieving): Really?

By the way, I absolutely need this.

Happy thrifting!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is such a lovely thrift find! I can't get enough of cake stands.

    AntwortenLöschen