Donnerstag, 2. September 2010

veggie's delight


Recently, I discovered this mouth-watering blog which is run by a lovely Aussie lady, Trudy. The closer the birth gets (and, obviously, the more time I have), the more I start thinking about what life will be like once the baby is here.

A very important part of life has always been food for me, and so I want it to be for this new little person on earth. I never really liked meat and I completely stopped eating it with 15 - 15 years ago. This was back in the mid-90s and in the countryside of Germany - so you might be able to imagine what a big thing it was. Back then, it was nearly impossible to find restaurants where you could order vegetarian meals (I have traumatizing memories of cooked-until-dead broccoli with tons of fat sauce hollandaise) and none of my family members were vegetarian.

Eyerybody thought something must be wrong with me and doctors hardly could believe that my body actually wasn't missing anything important.

Anyway, I'm very glad times have changed (when I first found out I was pregnant my doctor told me I couldn't eat raw meat like salami, so I told her I didn't eat meat at all. In anticipation of some kind of disapproval, I was quite surprised as she said: Oh, that's great!). And I'm glad I'll actually be able to give my kids the choice weather they want to eat meat or not, without anyone telling them horror stories about what will happen if you don't eat meat.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Woot! Cheers Julia for the mention! So glad to hear your doctor is supportive of your veggie pregnancy!! Your little ones will be blessed to learn the joy of food from the youngest age :) Congratulations on your pregnancy... there is so much to look forward too!! Trudy ~ Veggie num num

    AntwortenLöschen